Keeping clients and our team safe
Due to these very difficult and challenging times, we have taken a number of steps to ensure all our staff and clients are as safe as possible.
- Following government easing on lockdown following the outbreak of COVID-19, Unique Hairdressing & Male Barbering is limiting the number of customers in the salon at any one time and will be operating on an appointments-only basis. We are sorry, but at this time walk-in appointments are not available.
- As the health and safety of our team members and clients remain our top priority, we courteously ask you to please respect our social distancing measures.
- If you are experiencing any mild symptoms such as a persistent cough, fever or loss of taste and smell, or you live with someone who is unwell, please do not attend your appointment. Simply, let us know and we will rearrange it – even at the last minute, and no cancellation charge will apply.
- We have installed a Jonix cube in the salon; a device that sanitises the air eliminating viruses, bacteria, odours and pollen that may be present in the salon. This creates an ideal condition of clean air and a general wellbeing for our guests. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtNPB_vyNiQ
- We encourage you to attend your appointment alone but only in certain circumstances will we allow you to be accompanied. Please check with the salon beforehand.
- We have temporarily removed any marketing and reading materials as these could aid the transmission of the virus. If you wish to read whilst enjoying your salon experience, we recommend you bring your own books or magazines.
- We will temporary be removing dry cuts from our price lists as we are following strict government guidelines on hygiene.
- We will be serving bottled water only.
- We have removed our waiting area and we ask you to attend your appointment on time; if you arrive too early, you may be asked to wait outside. Similarly, the stylist might be running behind and you may be asked to wait outside, in your car or a nearby coffee shop and we will call you when the stylist is ready for your appointment. We are operating a ‘one in-one out’ service to ensure adequate social distancing.
- Please do not shake hands or attempt to hug.
- Please wash and sanitise your hands regularly.
- No food or drink is permitted in the premises.
- Please give us 48hrs notice otherwise a cancellation fee of 50% of the cost of your service or treatment will be charged
- We have installed temporary Perspex screens at reception.
- On arrival, your temperature will be measured and if it reads 37.5c or above we will reschedule your appointment for another time. This measure is in place as an elevated temperature is a symptom of COVID-19.
- At reception you will find a Sani-Station containing anti-bacterial hand sanitiser, a face mask and a pair of gloves which you will need to wear inside our premises. On leaving the salon, you can dispose of them in the bin provided.
- You will also find a bag in which you can put all your personal belongings and take it with you to the stylist’s working station. Again, when you leave the salon you can dispose of the bag in the bin provided. We request that no shopping is brought into the premises.
- We are making sure that our reception area, door handles, card machines, telephones and any touchable objects are constantly sanitised.
STYLING STATION ZONE
- Only one client per stylist is permitted and stations will be socially distanced 2 metres apart.
- Our styling stations will be sanitised between each guest including chair and work surface; there will be anti-bacterial hand sanitisers for our guests to use as and when they feel they need to.
- Our brushes will be sanitised by using a UV UVC germicide lamp that kills all germs and viruses. Our scissors will be sanitised in a rapid heat sterilisation system made of microspheres; and this sterilisation happens in a matter of seconds.
- For many years we have used disposable towels and gowns and we will continue to use them now.
- Each stylist will be working with PPE which consists of a visor and an option to wear a face mask or face covering.
- No dry cuts will be permitted as we are following government guidelines on hygiene.
- Children may be accompanied by one adult only; if you wish to wait you can only do so in the male barbering area.
- The working stations, surfaces and barber chairs will be sanitised after each guest has left and there will be anti-bacterial hand sanitisers provided for guests to use as and when they feel.
- In our barbering zone, the air is continuously ventilated due to our acclimatised air conditioning systems. This is further enhanced by the use of the Jonix cube.
- All cutting tools will be sanitised in our sterilisation system made of microspheres. This sterilisation happens in a matter of seconds. We will be also using Barbicide for disinfecting and sterilisation https://barbicide.com/. Our combs, clippers and scissors will be sanitised using a UV UVC germicide lamp that kills all germs and viruses.
- We will continue to use our disposable towels but have added disposable cutting gowns for the safety of our team and guests.
- We will be serving bottled water only.
- Each barber will be working with social distancing of 2 metres apart and will be wearing a visor and an option to wear a face mask or face covering.
- We will continue to use our PPE protective colour gowns, towels and reading glasses cover.
- We will be providing anti-bacterial hand sanitisers at the colour bar to use as frequently as you wish.
- All tint brushes, bowls, combs and all equipment used by the colourists will all be sanitised by Barbicide https://barbicide.com/.
- We have installed protective screens between each backwash seat and a Protective Cap Shield which prevents possible exchange of bacteria through saliva, sneezing and coughing between the stylist and the customer.
- Each backwash will be sanitised before and after each use.
- Our retail area will be regularly sanitised to avoid any contamination risks.
- There will be no handling of products unless a guest wishes to purchase a product. All of our testers will be sanitised before and after handling them, but please ask to use them first.
- Anti-bacterial wipes will be on display for guests and team members to use before and after handling retail products.
- When testing any tools such as ghd stylers or hairdryers, all items will be sterilised before and after each demonstration of guest engagement.
Thank you for your co-operation during these challenging times. We appreciate your support and your custom. Stay safe.
Health & Safety Certificates
Each member of staff has passed Barbicide Course on Infection Control
We will make sure that any tools used before and after every service will be sanitised.
Every working station will be disinfected and wiped over every use.